|In accordance with the provisions of the above Acts and Rules the Board is carrying out following activities.|
- Promotion of cleanliness of wells and streams in different areas of the State.
- Issuing directives for pollution control measures to the polluting units.
- Prevention, control and abatement of air pollution in the State and improvement in the ambient air quality.
- Advising the State Government on any matter concerning prevention and control of water and air pollution.
- Approving judicious location of new industries from pollution control point of view.
- Promotion of re-use and re-cycle of sewage and trade effluent on land for irrigation.
- Carrying out monitoring of rivers of the State.
- Carrying out monitoring of the major cities of the State.
- Collection and compilation of technical and statistical data relating to water and air pollution.
- Laying down standards for the discharge of liquid effluent and gaseous emission.
- Developing methods of treatment of effluent and air pollution control equipment.
- Identification of site for the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Organising training programmes, seminars and workshops regarding pollution control.
- Creating awareness in the public regarding environmental pollution control.
|The area and activities deserving priority are as under:|
- Identification of locations in the State having severe pollution problems and minimising pollution in these areas with the help of suitable treatment of effluent and /or disposal of the effluent at a safe location through concerned agencies / authorities.
- Identification and development of sites for the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Identification of major air polluting agencies and enforcement of provisions of the Air Act for the control of air emissions.
- Proper selection of the sites for new industrial projects.
- Common facilities for the collection, treatment and disposal of the effluent in the industrial estates.
- Identification, development and adoption of clean production technologies.
- Minimising discharge of effluent into streams and water bodies and promotion of re-cycling and re-use of treated effluent on land for irrigation and development of green belts.