|The major objectives of the Board are centred around the Pollution Control and the protection of the environmental quality. These are outlined as under:|
- Bring about all round improvement in the quality of the environment in the State by effective implementation of the laws.
- Control of pollution at source to the maximum extent possible with due regard to technological achievement and economic viability as well as sensitivity of the receiving environment. This objective is being fulfilled through laying down the disposal standards as well as gaseous emission standards.
- Identifications of sites and development of procedures and methods for the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Maximisation of re-use and re-cycle of sewage and trade effluent on land for irrigation and for industrial purpose after giving appropriate treatment and thereby economising and saving on the use of water. The practice also helps in stopping pollution of water due to reduction in discharges of waste into water bodies.
- Minimisation of adverse effect of pollution by selecting suitable locations for the establishment of new industrial projects.
- Co-ordination with other agencies of the State Government and local authorities to encourage the Common Effluent Treatment Plants and Treatment Stabilisation Disposal Facilities.
- Close co-ordination and rapport with educational institutions, non government organisations, Industries Associations, Government organisations, etc. to create environmental awareness.